DatenschutzhinweisWenn Sie die Karte betrachten wollen, werden Informationen über Ihre Nutzung von GoogleMaps an den Betreiber in den USA übertragen und unter Umständen gespeichert. Lesen Sie dazu unsere Hinweise in der Datenschutzerklärung.
In 1926, local sculptor Gustav Weidanz designed three pairs of ceramic reliefs for the façade of a residential block in the South of Halle. The reliefs are situated between the first-floor windows of the cooperative building at number 62-64 of the street now called Albert-Ebert-Straße.
The bas-reliefs are composed of individual panels set in the wall. They are Expressionist and strictly geometric in style, and show a male figure with a hammer and a female figure with a sickle—two nudes and two ornamental abstractions.
The reliefs bear impressive witness to the high quality of architectural sculpture at the Burg Giebichenstein School of Art in the 1920s, when Gustav Weidanz was head of the Burg ceramics workshop. Weidanz also made a great many other sculptures and ornaments for buildings in Halle.